This statement applies to information gathered by us in connection with our website, www.surfsupbrighton.com
, and for providing our rental services to our customers. We are committed to protecting your privacy and take our responsibilities regarding the security of your personal information very seriously, and covers:
- the types of personal information which we collect and how it is collected;
- why we collect it
- how we use or share your information;
- how long we will hold your information; and
- how we protect your information.
Who we are
Surf SUP Brighton is the trading name of Brighton SUP Limited, a company registered in England and Wales, Registration Number 12704031, and offices at Unit 22, The Annexe, 98 Goldstone Villas, Hove, East Sussex, United Kingdom, BN3 3RU.
What we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection. When submitting a contact form, booking form, or make payments, we keep your submitted information in order to action your request only. If you register for our newsletter, we maintain your email address so that we can send you email communications, which you can opt out from at any time.
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
- Cookie Name Cookie Description
- FORM_KEY Stores randomly generated key used to prevent forged requests.
- PHPSESSID Your session ID on the server.
- GUEST-VIEW Allows guests to view and edit their orders.
- PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART A link to information about your cart and viewing history, if you have asked for this.
- STF Information on products you have emailed to friends.
- STORE The store view or language you have selected.
- MAGE-CACHE-SESSID Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.
- MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.
- MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE-SECTION-INVALIDATION Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.
- MAGE-CACHE-TIMEOUT Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.
- SECTION-DATA-IDS Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.
- PRIVATE_CONTENT_VERSION Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.
- X-MAGENTO-VARY Facilitates caching of content on the server to make pages load faster.
- MAGE-TRANSLATION-FILE-VERSION Facilitates translation of content to other languages.
- MAGE-TRANSLATION-STORAGE Facilitates translation of content to other languages.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our company as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, for example, providing hire services to you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users.
- Third parties, service providers and agents we engage to help us in certain areas, including payment processors, identity verification service providers, such as credit reference agencies, analytics (such as size guide software providers who use anonymized data to develop their algorithms), and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If Brighton SUP Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Brighton SUP Limited, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
How long we retain your data
We do not retain your personal information for any longer than is reasonably necessary for the purposes noted above and to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
What rights you have over your data
We may send you updates with news and information about us, new features, offers, services and products from time to time. You have the right to opt out of receiving any to us processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You may exercise your right to object online, by unsubscribing from receiving marketing communications by following the link provided at the end of the marketing communication. You can also exercise the right at any time by emailing us at [email protected]
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Data Protection Act and GDPR
Data Protection Act registration number: ZA781974.
When we make changes
Effective Date July 2021